Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

"What are medical school loans?"

Today I had the pleasure of taking my youngest to her first Pom competition. It was about a 2 and a half hour drive so we had plenty of time to talk.



A: "Mom, why did y'all plan to move to _________? (the city we currently live in)"

Me: "Well, it wasn't really planned. Dad's work offered to pay off Dad's medical school loans."

A: "What are medical school loans?"

Me: "Money we borrow from a bank to pay for medical school."

A: "Dad is going to medical school!?"

Me: "No, he finished several years ago. We are still paying the money back to the bank."



When I began to think about our conversation memories began to flood my mind. Then tonight I read the following quote on facebook that a friend of mine posted:
"It's always harder than it looks. Never desire to succeed like others until you know what they gave up to get there."
My husband has been out of medical school now for 10 years. I think by this time next year we should have the medical school loans payed off. That's a long time! How glorious it will be to have those behind us. So MUCH has happened to get us to the point we are in our life. It hasn't been easy. We have sacrificed and we have made certain choices to bring us to where we are today. And believe me, it hasn't gotten any easier. Life is rough with or without money. Seriously! I never thought in a million years I would marry a Physician. Honestly, I never truly cared what my future husband's career was going to be. All I ever cared about was marring someone who was crazy about me as much as I was about him. Actually, I shouldn't say that's all I cared about. I wanted 'HIM" to be as devoted to our Heavenly Father as I was. I figured with our love and God's love we could endure life's challenges. Am I kidding! I never thought about life's challenges back then. I was and still am a hopeless romantic. lol :) But I do know now (by way of experience), that it is that LOVE and our FAITH that gets us through. I'm grateful for my husband, our children and the life we have made together. I am extremely humbled to think of how Christ has carried me through the years.

Wise
footprints,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment