Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Dear God...

Little Mark wrote: “Dear God, I keep waiting for spring but it never [did] come yet. Don’t forget.”

Another child stated: “Dear God, If you made the rule for kids to take out the garbage please change it.”

Little Mickey wrote: “Dear God, If you watch in Church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes.”

Jeff wrote: “Dear God, It is great the way you always get the stars in the right place. Why can’t you do that with the moon?”

Joyce wrote: “Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy.”

I like this one from Matthew the best: “Dear God, I read your book and I like it.” Then he asked, “I would like to write a book someday with the same kind of stories. Where do you get your ideas? Best wishes.”

These brought me the gift of laughter today. I hope they will for you also. :)

Blog Post #201,

Shan

Stuart Hample and Eric Marshall, comp., More Children’s Letters to God (1967); Hample and Marshall, Children’s Letters to God: The New Collection (1991)

No comments:

Post a Comment