Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Music

Most of you know I love 80's music. One of my presets for XM radio in the car is the 80's channel (much to my kid's dismay) and another I love more is First Wave (classic 80's new wave-my favorite). Even so, I also listen to new music. I decided I would make a playlist of some modern day bands I like. It just so happens that all of these are "boy" bands.

  • Keane
  • Lifehouse
  • The Killers
  • The Fray
  • Secondhand Serenade

I liked Somewhere Only We Know by Keane and decided to listen to some of their other songs on Rhapsody. I really like them. Spiraling Down (Keane) is a great upbeat song and in some parts reminds me a lot of the Talking Heads. The Killers is another new group I have found facinating. Some of their lyrics are not the best, but their style is unique. Secondhand Serenade is fast becoming a favorite for me. They have a lot of songs I like besides Fall for You. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do...sorry oma & opa, I know they won't be your style. :)

Music makes me happy,

Shan










Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I like Fall for You too. I first heard it when Carrie sent it to me. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete