Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sound and Windows!





Today I met the builder at our new home to discuss more items on our agenda. It was a great day...they were wiring my house for sound! It will be a dream come true to have speakers in all the rooms I frequent in throughout the day (not every room in the house..too much money). Music motivates me like nothing else and I just know doing laundry while listening to my favorite music just might make me ENJOY the chore! :)

Then to my surprise I saw them installing our windows! It was a good thing I was there because they switched some windows. I quickly got them right on track before it was too permanent to move them. There were many crews there today actually. The electrical crew, sound crew, window crew and soffet crew were all there this morning. It was like they were ants all with their little jobs to do...sawdust everywhere. For a future home owner this is like heroine. You want to see all this work happening. It means that you are that much closer to the house being done. It is really happening! Half the time I am giddy like a little kid and the other half of the time I feel like it is surreal...a dream.

I took the hubby there today to show him all the progress and pointed out everything. He said, "you know every little detail of what is going on, don't you?" I immediately replied "Of course!" He doesn't realize all the work I do while he is at work. Overall he is very supportive and we haven't fought much at all. Fortunately we have the same taste...hmmm...maybe I should say to a point, we do, I am the one that brings us back to earth sometimes.

I really hope this does not come across as bragging in any way. I know most of my readers are my friends & family and will understand the excitement, and be happy for us. We are extremely grateful for this opportunity to build a home. On purpose, I have tried not to talk incessantly about this huge undertaking. I thoroughly understand that it is a blessing to have a home period. I know that not everybody has an opportunity to even own a home. With this knowledge brings humility in a way that I feel somewhat guilt. Then as I kneel to pray and thank my loving Heavenly Father for making this all possible, a still small voice whispers "accept my blessing, my child."

I hope you too, will accept the blessings our Father in Heaven has for you today...whatever they may be, big or small, spiritual or temporal, He showers them on us each and every day. I find that when I recognize His hand in all things and thank Him...the guilt melts away. God loves us so much...He really does.

I never know where my thoughts will lead to as I sit down at the computer. Anyway, thanks for reading and I have included above some pictures of our living room ceiling before they put the roof on. It is cool to see the sky above. Now the house is completely roofed in and shingles have been laid.

Shalom,
Shan

1 comment: