Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Hunger Games

I am on a roll! I just finished reading my 6th fiction book (6 & a half if you include Midnight Sun)! This is not including me re-reading Twilight, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. If you include those then I will have read 9 books since August! I can't believe it!
  • Twilight

  • New Moon

  • Eclipse

  • Breaking Dawn

  • The Host

  • The Hunger Games - Newest one I just finished!

Thanks to Stephenie Meyer, she has helped me realize that I can read for recreation! Before the Twilight series I always read non-fiction. I am feeling more "well-rounded" as a person. I'm not just a TV & Movie junkie anymore!

Anyway, so I frequent Stephenie Meyer's website quite frequently and noticed she recommended a book, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. She had just finished reading it and said it was one she could not put down. I figured if she liked it, I might as well. Borders was out of the book. I told the sales person it was recommended by Stephenie and he was in shock, "really!?" He immediately said he needed to inform the manager so they could order many for the demand this might incur. :) I laughed and said, "yes, that might be a good idea!" :) Anyway, Amazon sent it quickly to me. I finished the 374 page book in about 4 days! It is definitely a winner! It will make you think a lot. As a matter of fact, it increased my gratitude level tremendously. I realized how much I take for granted...food for one. My husband and his family will get a kick out of that! :)

You learn at the end that there will be more books to follow...talk about a "cliffhanger!" I don't know how I will be able to wait until the end of 2009 to read what happens next.


Happy Reading,

Shan

P.S.: I have also enjoyed listening to audio books on CD in my car when I travel for long periods. My favorite website is http://www.audible.com/ I listened to The Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray...very good science fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment