Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank you, hubby!

I just want to take a quick minute to recognize my hubby. Today I went to visit the big "city." I dropped the kids off at school and set out on the highway for my two hour drive. I went there to do some last minute shopping before the reunion & to visit my favorite hairstylist. If you live in a small town, you understand the necessity of driving two hours to do this. Anyway, my husband, on his half day off of work, picked up the kids from school, took our youngest to her dance class, and our oldest to church for her Young Women meeting. On top of this, he took them out to dinner. I talked to him on the phone a few times throughout the day and found out he was not having a good day. Let's just say that it is days like these, when I am not around, that he must appreciate me more.

I am very grateful for his act of service for me. It was nice to have a day off from mundane chores and "Mom, can you do this?...Mom, he hit me!...Mom, can you sign this?...Mom, where is my _______?!"

I know after 13 years of being a mother, that I am a much better one after having a little time away. Obviously, my husband has noticed this too or he wouldn't be so willing to help out.

Honey, if you are reading this...THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're simply the best!

Besides, he doesn't realize this, but every time he does this...it is a date with dad for my kids. This is quality time my kids will remember for years to come.

Cheers,
Shan

"Be Grateful" President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment