Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Blissdom Introduction

Some of my new cyber (facebook & twitter) friends who are also attending Blissdom Blog Conference have introduced themselves on their blogs. What a great idea! I'm taking a break from packing and decided I would quickly write an intro before heading out to run.

  1. Thanks to my Army Dad (retired now) I was born in Germany. Unfortunately, I was a baby when we returned to the States so I don't remember visiting. I hope to visit there some day. I grew up in Texas, so I consider myself a Texan even though our family moved to Oklahoma 4 years ago.
  2. In September I celebrated the big 40! Fortunately, I inherited 'young looking' genes. I absolutely love it when people tell me I look too young to have a 15 year old. ;)
  3. I've had many career ambitions in my lifetime. I took dance from very young to high school. So at one point in time I dreamed of moving to NYC to become a prima ballerina {I still LOVE to dance!} I changed my mind and wanted to be a Lawyer...did the debate thing in High School. Since I'm not the academic type {couldn't see myself going to school for 6+ years} I decided against it. Next, I set my sights on a Public Relations major and minoring in Theater. I ended up with an Associates Degree in Education. I met my husband when I was in college for my bachelors degree in Recreational Therapy. Life had different plans for me because now I work at home as a Family Manager. Hardest job ever!
  4. My husband is learning to multi task as he was recently ordained the Bishop for our local church congregation. In addition to being the Father of our 3 kids, he has a busy medical practice and enjoys running, cycling and triathlons.
  5. I'm not really a sweet tooth kind of gal. Salty foods like extra cheesy Goldfish, cheese Chex Mix, cheese Doritos {basically I love cheese!} are my weakness! However, I am a sucker for Reeses. ;) Chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect combo!
  6. I used to LOVE television. However, I don't have as many shows I like to watch as I used to. My favorite show now is Parenthood. Thanks to the Twilight series I have become an avid reader of fantasy/paranormal romance books {mostly teen & young adult.} So now I read. Before Twilight, I only read non-fiction books. Last year I read or listened to 37 books.
  7. Leigh (which is my middle name, BTW) wrote about her personality that I thought was very similar to me as well. She said, "I'm a good mix of extrovert and introvert." I think I am the same. I am definitely a people person. I don't like to judge others or gossip. You never know what people are going through in their life. My kids are constantly hearing me say to them, "they are a child of God, too," when I hear them speaking unkind things about someone. It is very important to me that my kids learn to be accepting of others no matter what someones shortcomings might be. I am a firm believer in doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  8. I ran cross country & track in grade school, but discontinued running until after I had my third child. I joined Team in Training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and ran my first half marathon in 2003 and my first full marathon {a fulfilled dream!} in 2005. Currently, I struggle to get back into running after suffering from Achilles Tendinitis.
  9. I like to be straight forward. It's weird. According to books I have read about the way women talk and the way men talk and my conversational style is more like a man. I don't mean that my voice sounds like a man. LOL I just like to be direct and talk about things that matter. I don't mind talking about the weather, but I would much rather talk about music, movies, books, blogs, graphic arts, decorating, travel, crafts, my family, my faith, photography, scrapbooking or the lives of the people I am talking to.
  10. In a nut shell, I'm just a down-to-earth girl who has MANY interests. :D
Looking forward to making many new friends this week!

Auf Wiedersehen,
Shan

P.S. : I love hats! If you see someone wearing a hat at Blissdom, it might be me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment