Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Share Your Passions


"I think you have created two photography buffs in this family."

My husband says to me hearing my youngest laughing at her new edited photos on the computer. He he he he...my master plan. ;) No, not really.

I can't help it. It's contagious. My love of photography. My love of capturing a moment in time...a precious memory. Yes, I am to blame as well. I bought my 7 year old daughter a digital camera for Christmas. It's a Fisher Price "Kid Tough" camera. I have no idea how many mega pixels it has. That doesn't matter. What matters is that she can feel included in this love of photography. (& that it won't break if dropped! lol) I already have one daughter who wants to be a photographer. ;) Don't get me wrong. I don't advertise I am a professional. I do it as a hobby and as a family historian...to track our family's moments. This love/passion was passed down to me from my parents. I guess I could have ended up hating the camera. Quite the opposite, I am very grateful for each and every picture my parents and family have taken through the years. Seeing those pictures of me (even the ones where I look awful or silly) make me feel loved and important to the people who mean the most to me in this life.

So, I guess that's how I show love, in a way, to my own family. {Funny how writing can be therapeutic and bring out things you never thought about before.}

Anyway, tonight I sat down with my daughter at the computer showed her how to download her photos. Right away we were able to watch a slide show of her 84 pictures with the camera's software. They aren't the BEST quality photos. I wasn't expecting them to be. However, she has a really good eye. I remember my daughter watching my Mom & I swapping our photos on Saturday. We were discussing how many we had taken while her grandparents had been visiting. I think I mentioned how my Mom had taken over a hundred photos today (Christmas Day) alone. Once she heard this she was on a quest to take more photos so she could have 100 as well. We all got tired of posing for her so we explained she could take photos without us posing. {Those are some of my favorite shots, unposed.} She got close to 100. Here are some of my favorites she took. By the way, they are not edited by me in any way. {I admit it was difficult not to try to make them look better.} The one of her in the middle she took all by herself.

Proud Mom,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment