Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Gold Friends

It took almost 17 years for us to see each other again. Kelli & I were very good friends in elementary school & 7th grade. She moved away :( and the last time we saw each other was at her wedding! So with spouses, 6 kids (total of both our kids) later, many moves in between...here we are. She let me & my daughter stay with her when I visited my family in Wichita Falls. (Thanks so much Kelli & James) It was so great to see her again. I love when you get together with a friend you haven't seen in a long time and it's as if no time has gone by at all. Her Mom & my Mom were co-leaders for our Girl Scout troop. We pulled out the old photos and reminisced.

Speaking of Girl Scouts, today is the Girl Scouts Birthday. Happy Birthday to a wonderful organization who influenced my life in a very positive way.

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the others gold."

Happy Memories,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment