Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's NOT beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I probably shouldn't be blogging right now due to my very crummy mood. I guess I just need to get some things off my chest. Sorry, you will be my sounding board.

This weekend we celebrated my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. It went well after much work to make it just the perfect party for them. So I promised the kids that after the party I would decorate for Christmas. The problem is... I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING!

I think, "I will begin with doing this." So I start going through my Christmas boxes and can't find what I need. I move on to another idea and the same darn thing happens! I have looked everywhere! For example, I can't find my stocking holders to hang my stockings! I hate when I can't find something! Hate is actually an understatement!!!! Therefore, I am giving up! You don't have to decorate to have Christmas. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ. He was born in a manger. What a very simple and humble place to be born. I say, who needs decorations!

The kids will be disappointed and whine. Then I will feel like I have failed as a mom. I know the little things are the big things, but lots of little things, like decorations, ADD UP to one HUGE task!!!!! I don't like feeling this pressure. I don't like feeling this way over something that is supposed to be a happy time.

C'est La Vie,
Shan

1 comment:

  1. An idea.... to make them happy... let them decorate with what they can find the way they want to do it. they still get to decorate and celebrate and the pressure is off of you :) oh and tell them no fighting or else it's called off!

    ReplyDelete