Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wrinkles and ALL

OK, so tomorrow is my birthday (Sep 2nd). In only one more year, I will be the big 40. I think now I understand why someone might say, "I'm 39 and holding." I can't believe it. It feels a little surreal.

I don't know what God has planned for me this next year. However, looking back on this past year, I can't help but be filled with gratitude. It wasn't all roses, there were some "growing pains" along the way. If there is one thing I have learned about life, it's those "growing pains" that keep me humble, they remind me who really loves me and in the end make me stronger. This reminds me of a song. (seriously!)


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com



I am grateful for every day I have spent on this earth. Each and every one of those days has led me to who I am right now. Hopefully as I get older, I will gain more wisdom, more compassion, more of what I need & want to be. I am also grateful for each teacher, friend, mentor, leader, family member and, of course parent, who has touched my life. Thank you eternally.

So it really doesn't matter that I'm not having a big party for my birthday. It doesn't matter that we don't have anything special planned for my 'big day.' It doesn't matter that my extended family or closest friends won't be here to celebrate with me. (OK, maybe it matters a little bit.) The point I am trying to make is that every day is a gift. I am honored & blessed to be able to share it with my husband and children.

Sincerely,
Shan

P.S.: Song is titled "What I Need" by Michael McLean. Press play button on player above to hear the song. (e-mailers: you may have to go to my blog to hear it)

No comments:

Post a Comment