Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pet Peeves

DH took me to see Julie and Julia tonight. It was so much better than I thought it would be. As soon as we got home I googled to see if Julie still has a blog. Of course she does. I read how she loves to use curse words. Then I read how she absolutely loathes republicans. This got me thinking. I absolutely loathe curse words and don't like to talk about politics. Then it reminded me of a subject I have considered blogging about before...curse words on facebook. This is a pet peeve of mine.

This is a touchy subject to some and I don't want to offend any of my current friends (including family members) on facebook. But I decided if Julie Powell can just plainly state what she likes and doesn't like, well then so can I. Right? I have not always hated these 'prohibited' explicatives. There was a time in my life that I used them regularly and thought nothing of it. Honestly, I am sure I tried NOT to use them too much around my parents, teachers or any authority types.

However, I am a different person now and prefer not to use or hear them. Therefore, I carefully decide what shows, movies, books...media in general I want to allow into my mind/our home. Last year I had a long list of TV shows I liked and by the end of the year I only had 3 that I still watched. Anyway, I became an avid face book member last year. After reading status updates with curse words I began wondering if I needed to give up something I had grown to enjoy so much...reconnecting with old friends. Fortunately, I found the "hide" feature. So, if I have a friend who uses the silly words, well their words are hidden from my news feed. This way I can still have them as my friends. I can still contact them if I want or go on their home page and see their pictures, music and so forth. Thank you facebook for this wonderful feature!

Blogging on,
Shan

P.S.: Where are all my bloggers I follow? No one is writing anything lately. PLEASE write! I love to read what you have to say & what is happening in your life. How's this, I'll give you something to write about: What are your biggest pet peeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment