Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Right Of Passage

Wednesday my first born took her right of passage into 'teenagedom.' It is official...she is definitely a teen with all the rights and priveleges that come with it. This includes a crush on her favorite pop star, Nick Jonas. The only thing she wanted more than anything else in the world for her birthday was to go to the Jonas Brother's Concert.

I grew up attending many concerts. I remember thinking how much fun it would be to take my own children to concerts. To be at a music concert is like no other...there is excitement in the air. I am so grateful that K loves music as much as I do. It is something we have in common and I love sharing it with her. Unfortunately, I think it is becoming "not so cool" to be around mom. I understand. I used to be a teen too. She indulged me, though, considering it was the only way she would go =) At first, after finding our super close tickets on the internet, I didn't think K was very excited. I felt I was more excited than she was. Finally, Wednesday night, once we pulled up to the Sprint Center and she saw the Jonas Brother's Bus... she began to shake. Her enthusiasm was pent up and now she was realizing what was really happening.

I won't bore you with all the gory details. But, we DID have the BEST seats! I don't think I have ever been as close to a stage at a concert before. It was amazing. K smiled, screamed, danced and did all the fun things that you do at a concert. I looked around and felt so happy...like I was in my element. Here we were enjoying music with thousands of other people who felt the same way we do. Yeah, I know it sounds corny...oh well! K was hoping to be able to make it up to the stage to touch one of their hands. The Nazi body guards did not allow that. That was a total bummer as it would have made her concert more complete to say she touched Nick, Joe or Kevin.

I was very impressed with the amount of songs they played considering this was their 28th concert of their world tour. What was even more impressive was how talented Nick Jonas is. He played every instrument on the stage, sings, & writes the majority of their songs...plus he's the youngest! On top of this, he talked with the audience about his struggle with diabetes. He seems very grateful to be doing what he's doing, very down to earth. No wonder K likes him so much. :)

It was a memorable night and K's Dad & I are grateful we could give her such a fun, early birthday gift. These pics are the ones I was able to take before my camera died. I will post more of K's pics later.

Rock On,
Shan

P.S.: Those of you who are receiving this via e-mail, the pictures are posted on my blog: www.familybringsjoy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment