Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I absolutely LOVE this quote!

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration; most jobs are more dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time railway journey… delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
—Gordon B. Hinckley, quoting Jenkin Lloyd Jones
-

I used to have this up on my fridge and it got lost in the last move. My sweet friend from Spiritually Speaking, Sarah found it for me! Thank you so much. I need to put it back on my fridge for occasional reminders. It is so true, not every day is what we think it should be. But if it were, then we wouldn't really appreciate the good days because they would be all the same. Honestly, most days when I arise in the morning, I thank my Heavenly Father for another day to live. We never know when our day on this earth will be the last. We all need to be reminded to thank Him for letting us have the ride.

Enjoy the ride,
Shan

P.S.: Hoping I'll have some more happy songs to put on my playlist. You still haven't thought of one? It's not that hard is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment