Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

"You are my life now." Edward (Spoilers included)

My dear sweet husband suggested I go see Twilight tonight. He went with me on Friday, Nov. 21st to see the Premier. I just returned home from seeing it the second time and it was better than the first time!

Here is my take on the movie. There were some changes made from the book, but minor. For example, eating in the diner instead of home, she didn't leave Alice and Jasper in the airport like in the book, among other small things. They didn't have the golden onion award in the book. I thought that was cute. The first time I watched it I THOUGHT way too much! I was constantly comparing it with the book and the reactions from the other viewers didn't help much either...it was distracting. Even though, I still was very sad when it was over. It didn't seem like 2 hours and I wanted to see what was going to happen next (even though I know what will happen)! I knew I would want to see it again. Today was the first chance I could go back since the premier. I was shocked to see a full theater for a Monday in my small town! I saw things today I missed the first time and enjoyed it much more. I am considering reading Twilight and Midnight Sun (partial draft) again very soon.

If you have gone to see Twilight, did you see Stephenie Meyer's cameo? Did you know Robert Pattinson has 2 songs in the movie? One of them is not on the Soundtrack. Listen carefully when Edward sucks the venom out of Bella.

Now that I have seen the movie, I know for sure the actors, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are truly acting. I have seen countless interviews with the couple before the movie. I have read many articles about them also. I thought, "Wow, they seem perfect for the parts." Now I can tell the Robert from the Edward and the Kristen from the Bella. Am I making any sense? If not, I know what I mean. They did a really good job. My oldest daughter went with us to the premier and said, "Kristen looks better in the movie."

Anyway, I can't believe New Moon will not be out until 2010! My son figured out yesterday that my 13 year old daughter will be 19 when Breaking Dawn comes out! Can the fans wait that long?! Besides, I really wish they could just skip New Moon. I cried so much and was just plain mad while reading it. (Sorry, Stephenie!) I just couldn't get past Edward leaving Bella and I don't know how I will bear seeing it on the big screen. One of my friends said, "They should just combine New Moon and Eclipse together." That is not a half bad idea. Then they could break Breaking Dawn into Two Movies! I am all for that!

Catherine, the director, did a great job with such a low budget film. Maybe now, Summit will allow a bigger budget with more computer animation for the super powers. This is the first book I have read that became a movie. Everyone always says the book is better. Of course it is! The book covers more time than a movie can in just two hours. I was not disappointed at all. I think they did a great job! Kudos to everyone involved with making Twilight. In my humble opinion it was a huge success! I will be seeing it again on Thursday!

Long live Edward & Bella...way better than Romeo & Juliet...they get to live forever together,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment