Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our Favorite Christmas Music

Today I added some of our very favorite Christmas songs to the blog. My kid's favorite is The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late). A few years back I bought an awesome Christmas CD at Restoration Hardware titled "Quithmuth (Kid's Christmas)." This CD reminds me of my favorite Christmas record my parent's had when I was little. It has all the old songs I loved listening to as a child like "I Tan't Wait Till Quithmuth Day," "All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth" and "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas (Hippo The Hero). My kids thought the chipmunk song was hilarious when I first played it for them. This was before they came out with the chipmunk movie.

The rest of the songs are my favorites new and old. Old would be John Denver and the Muppets. I can't go through the Christmas without listening to this CD. I wished they had "Alfie: The Christmas Tree" in the playlist database. It is my favorite on the album, next would be "Noel: Christmas Eve, 1913" which is included on the playlist. In addition to John Denver would be Amy Grant on the 'old' list. I absolutely love every Christmas album Amy Grant has made. My favorite song of hers also was not in the playlist database, "Breath of Heaven" (the original studio version, not the live version). My Grandpa always used to say he didn't like Amy Grant's voice. He said it was too "nasal." I still made him listen to her cassette tape as we played games. :) The Charlie Brown Christmas reminds me of all the Christmas TV specials I would watch growing up as a kid. Last but not least, The Carpenters. I just love Karen Carpenter's smooth, velvety voice. It is so sad that both her and John Denver have passed on. Their music has definitely been missed.

My new favorite Christmas songs are from Celine Dion and Josh Groban. When you hear them, you will know why.

I ended my playlist with Band Aid's 'totally cool' 80's hit "Do They Know It's Christmas." It still reminds me of how blessed I feel to live in our country.

Happy Listening,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment