Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Results of 3rd Half Marathon





OK...so it has taken me a few days to recover from one of the hilliest courses I have ever run on! I may be in more pain after this half than my full marathon I ran back in 2005. Anyway, I did finish. Here are my stats:




  • 2 Hours 32 Minutes and 33 seconds
  • Pace: 11:33 minute mile


Honestly, I am surprised I did this good despite it being my slowest time yet. My goal was 2:30 so I barely made it.

Thank you to all my family and friends who wished me luck, prayed for me, and texted "Congrats" after finishing. My heavenly cheerleaders were there also: Grandma & Grandpa S., Judy B., Aunt Bea, and others who I have ran for in the past with Team in Training. I wouldn't be able to do it without them. At times when I would feel so tired and wanted to quit, I would hear in my mind my heavenly cheerleaders shouting, "come on Shan, you can do it!" You can think it is crazy if you want, but I can hear them in each of their voices. I think it is God's way of helping me persevere. It always helps to have personal cheerleaders when you need them the most!


If you ever questioned it before, now you will know how devoted a Twilight fan (twilighter) I am. I decided I would pin "TWILIGHTER" on my running shirt. My hopes were to find other Twilighters to talk about the books with during the run. Instead of that happening, I would hear from the spectators, "Go Twilight!" "Keep going Twilighter," "I love your shirt!" That was totally awesome! I will post a picture of my shirt.


Keep running your own race in life,

Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment