Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our realtor says...

"It's time to put this house on the market." I exclaim to my kids this week after picking them up from school. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" My oldest shrieks out in dread. It doesn't help her feel any better when I tell her, "nobody hates this more than I do." I spent the last almost two years NOT "keeping house" due to the grueling 6 months of having our last house on the market. My poor children know the foul mood it will put their mother in.

We were hoping we would not have to put it on the market before our new house was finished. Unfortunately, the economy has gone to pot, not helping the housing market at all! Deep down I knew it was unrealistic to think we could afford to move in not having our current home sold. Anyway, the tension is mounting and the stress doubling.

It is both a help and a hinder training for a half marathon right now. It has to be why I am not feeling like I am going to explode at any minute (emotional sanity), although my kids might disagree with that statement. We all have our moments, don't we? The hinder is the time issue. Last week I ran 3 miles on Monday, 5 miles on Wednesday and 8 miles on Thursday. I am not the fastest runner, therefore it takes time. For me, time is so precious these days. There is so much to do that my mind is swimming with to do lists. Our family tends to lend to the "homebody" type and all this "running" around to look at this and that (for the house) is beginning to tax on me...on all of us. I am grateful the race/run is next weekend. I pray that I will have no injuries. It has been good to take a "break" (while running) from all the pressure of making sure I pick out just the right thing so that we don't have to replace it in the near future. As much as I love the latest decorating trends, being the practical person I am, I tend to gravitate toward the more classic looks so as not to have to update in 5 to 10 years.

My mind is not wanting to comprehend all that will be required of me now. We will have to get another storage room to put all our excess clutter in in order to "stage" our home properly. We have moved enough times to know what to do and it is not easy nor fun. But I guess when it is all over, when the current house is sold and we are in our new "dream" home, it will be worth it. That will have to be what I focus on while scrubbing, cleaning, picking up; basically making my home look as though there are not any children living it. Please pray that it will sell quickly.

Signing off,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment