Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Half Marathon Time

So I have been officially training to run another half marathon. The last one I ran was with hubby at Disney World in January 2006. Ever since my major mountain biking accident the summer of 2007...well, let's just say, my body will never be the same. It has been a huge uphill battle to run since my accident. It is almost like starting all over again, but with a "crutch," meaning that I am "broken" compared to when I began training to run my first half marathon back in the fall of 2003. I finally am running 3 miles at least 3 times a week - the past 3 weeks. Saturday was the first time I ran over 3... 5 miles. So now I will be upping my mileage every Saturday by one mile until I get to 10. It has been a slow process and humbling. I usually hurt, believe it or not, in my shoulders and arms after I run. This is where I took the brunt of the fall in my accident.

I have just told myself that if I have to walk some during my 13.1 miles, it is okay. This is difficult for me to think about considering I have run 26.2 miles in 2005. I will finish, that is a given, just maybe not as fast as I would like or have done before.

Toodles,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment