Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Children's Church Primary Program Today

Every year our children learn songs and scriptures pertaining to a certain theme set forth by the church. This year the theme was "I am a child of God." Today the children had a special program during our worship service. They have this program once a year to highlight the songs & scriptures they have been learning since January. Each child has at least one speaking part, usually a sentence or two.

My son had three parts this year:

"Heavenly Father wants all of us to return home to live with Him and with our own families."

"We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God."

"Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon testify of Jesus Christ. Both tell about Jesus' followers and about His coming to their continent. It is important that we study both books to gain testimony that Jesus lives, loves us, and wants us to return and live with Him and Heavenly Father."

My youngest daughter had two parts:

"Heavenly Father plans for us to come to earth and belong to a family."

"Prayer is how missionaries feel the Spirit and know what Heavenly Father want them to do and say."

I absolutely love to see the children sing! My little girl stood up so tall and proud as she sang the songs. You could hear her singing loud and clear. :) I used to be the chorister for the children and it is just so sweet to hear these beautiful songs sung by these beautiful children. My most favorite song sung this year is titled, "If The Savior Stood Beside Me." I am going to share it with you on here. I will try to set it up where you hear it when you enter this blog, so you should be hearing it now. I remember the first time I heard it...tears began to flow as I thought about what it would be like to have Jesus standing beside me...the joy, the awe. As soon as I find the lyrics, I will post them here also.

I hope your Sunday is bringing you light from Him,

Shan


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment